Disconnecting and staying connected, entertainment economics, and fair-trade Echo Dots. Plus: Amazon does Apple a solid and slashes the price of avocados so millenials can afford the upcoming iPhone. Don’t worry Gen Y, homeownership is just a couple of skipped brunches away. 🍳 .
Programming note: short episode this week because, um, NAFTA.
- Apple fights Hollywood to price 4K movies on iTunes at $20 - The Verge
- Daring Fireball: WSJ: Apple to Hold iPhone Launch Event on 12 September
- Apple to price iPhone 8 ‘around $999’, according to NYT | 9to5Mac
- ⚡️Jason Shellen on Twitter: "It's happening. https://t.co/FjYEReTdZy"
- Whole Foods is already hawking Amazon Echo speakers
- Amazon will lower Whole Foods prices right away and Prime members will get special discounts - Recode
- Amazon Echo gains multi-room music playback ahead of HomePod, Sonos smart speaker | 9to5Mac
- Ashley Mayer on Twitter: "One small step for Whole Foods. One giant leap for millennial home ownership. https://t.co/52aTBYg0nN"
- AMC wants to opt out of MoviePass' one-movie-a-day deal
- Apple is in Talks to Offer $50 Home Movie Rentals Only Weeks After a Movie's Theatrical Debut
- Casper announces a new high-end mattress called the Wave | TechCrunch
- Tesla’s Push to Build a Self-Driving Car Sparked Dissent Among Its Engineers - WSJ
- Chevy EV Life: Bolt EV Charging Guide | Chevrolet
- How Apple Plans to Change the Way You Use the Next iPhone - Bloomberg
- Amazon.com: [UL Listed] Poweradd Travel Power Adapter Kits - Dual 2.4A USB Ports + 2 Outlets Wall Charger with Worldwide Wall Plugs for UK, US, AU, Europe & Asia, Gift Pouch Included (Not Converter): Home Audio & Theater
- TurnStyle 20 - Convertible Premium Camera Sling Bag • Think Tank Photo