"Your honor. If the State of California and City of San Francisco didn't want us Uber drivers to use bike lanes as UberX waiting areas, you shouldn't have painted them the same color as a cactus. That's entrapment."
This week: spending money to make money, hobby horses, and one of your hosts forgets the teachers edition for his digital life. 📙.
- Get to know your Emergency Kit - 1Password Support
- Pandora Premium finally works in your web browser
- Unlock Access to On-Demand Listening Experiences – Pandora Blog
- Nokia might give up on wearables (updated)
- Pummeled by scandal, Uber hit with $4.46B in losses during 2017 | Ars Technica
- Hulu is going to be big and profitable, according to Disney’s chief strategy officer - Recode
- OmniOutliner 3 for iOS brings major updates including iPhone X support, drag and drop, more | 9to5Mac
- Delta Prohibits Connected Luggage Batteries in Carry On | Fortune
- HomePods are staining wooden tables with a white ring - The Verge
- HomePod’s white ring problem should be easy to solve, say industrial designers | 9to5Mac
- Even Apple, Google workers struggle to buy Silicon Valley homes
- Mike Rosenberg on Twitter: "You'd need to avoid eating 33,600 avocado toasts a year to generate $303,000 https://t.co/ci5pC9W5bT"
- SF short-term rentals transformed as Airbnb, others make peace with city - San Francisco Chronicle
- Cabel Sasser on Twitter: "It’s so thoughtful of the city to install these dedicated green Uber/Lyft lanes in front of businesses. Makes pick up and drop off much easier!… https://t.co/QDkWaq62V7"
- Streetsblog San Francisco – Covering San Francisco's livable streets movement
- TiVo flips 'SkipMode' around for Super Bowl ad fans
- Day One | A simple and elegant journal for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.