Do you have a minute? We’re collecting signatures for the Orchard Fund. We’re a coalition of activists and thought-leaders dedicated to helping CEOs in the greater Santa Clara area gain the courage to make the pivot from hardware to a services based future, for the sake of our children and our children’s children.
This week: the pink mustache heads to the NASDAQ, Spindrift making Kirkland-sized moves, and AirPower’s quiet cancellation that is either a nothing-burger or harbinger of the end of Apple. A real Schrödinger’s wireless charger, if you will. 🐈.
- Tesla's Navigate on Autopilot won't need to confirm every lane change
- AT&T CEO discusses HBO's deal with Apple - 9to5Mac
- “Are We at a Party, or a Wake?”: Journalists Wonder If Apple News+ Is a Trojan Horse | Vanity Fair
- How Apple Card works | TechCrunch
- Apple cancels AirPower product, citing inability to meet its high standards for hardware | TechCrunch
- Mark Gurman on Twitter: "The AirPower wouldn’t even have made a dent on Apple’s bottom line, but cancelling an announced product, no matter how big or small, is a huge embarrassment. Can’t recall them cancelling an announced device, at least in modern era. Even the white iPhone 4 made it out alive."
- Appl Still Hasn’t Fixd Its MacBook Kyboad Problm
- The new A’s ballpark proposal at Howard Terminal looks great, but it’ll be tricky to build - SBNation.com
- The Food Lab | Serious Eats